HW: Recent v Old (revisited) A Howl of Derision

Bill & Cynthia freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU
Tue Apr 17 04:09:46 EDT 2001

Sam said:
> Just a small point - ASAM is one of my  comfort albums - when life really
> does me in, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy - weird I guess but what can
you
> do??

 "Play it again, Sam." LOL

I can remember when I first got ASAM, I thought WTF is this!!  After playing
SR, WotEoT, DoReMe and XISOS it was quite a bit disappointing.
But like all good albums it grows on you.
Kadu Flyer, Chronoglide Skyways, Steppenwolf and City of Lagoons are my
favourite songs from the album.

The Charisma period, IMO, is the best Hawkwind period. Nothing can beat the
sheer brilliance of Quark, Strangeness and Charm.

Bill