Virus Warning - Please Read

Darrin McKeehen dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 17 10:08:04 EDT 2001

Hey Now,

I just wanted you all to know that I got this virus on my home computer over
the weekend. My Hotmail account has NOT been infected. I was gone all
weekend and was checking my Hotmail account yesterday, here at work (against
our work policy) and I had a note from my buddy Brian saying that I had a
VIRUS on my other email account.

Like I say, I was gone to 3 shows all weekend and did not get home until
3:00 AM yesterday morning. I have NOT sent ANY emails from that account
since 4/13/01. And I have NOT sent ANY from that account since I got home.

The VIRUS is a worm virus that sends out notes to any unread emails that I
have. I did not have the time or energy to fix this problem yesterday, but I
will be working to get it fixed ASAP.

So if you get or have gotten ANY notes from me from this addy: DRider
hawkwind at mediaone.net DO NOT OPEN IT.

PLEASE just delete it.

I know that several others have been hit by this virus too. I got mine from
someone on the digiphish group.

When I opened my email yesterday. I had a couple VERY nasty notes from
Christofer Martel.

Dude, I am not sending you infected files. This is the nature of the virus.
I have not sent out ANY email from my mediaone account. Please don't trash
my B&P package, as you threatened to do. Sending me nasty notes over
something that I can not control will do no good. It will however piss me
off and if I get anymore notes like it from ANYONE, I WILL post them to the
respective lists from which they came for everyone on that list to see. It's
just not cool!

I am sorry to take up so much space, but I am trying to help you all from
getting this virus.

According to the McAfee website, the fix is in the version 4134 dat file
update.  That file is due out this week (Thursday).  Unless you wait until
Thursday and download that update, you have no choice except the manual fix.

Check the hyperlink for details.

Peace,

Darrin