HW: Recent v Old (revisited) A Howl of Derision

bedroom trancer bedroom at TRANCER28.FSNET.CO.UK
Tue Apr 17 13:52:52 EDT 2001

>From: "Douglas Pearson
>The diversity of
> bass playing on 'Atomhenge 76' is unquestionably impressive, but never
> quite matches either Lemmy's propulsive overdrive or Adrian Shaw's warmly
> melodic feel that fit so well with Simon House's keyboards.

is it just me? But I have never been impressed by adrian shaws bass playing.
I mean "quark strangness and charm" is my fav hawkwind album but its
calverts voice and lyrics, simon kings fantastic drumming, simon houses
brilliant violin and synth work and of course brocks guitar work(he even
plays a few solos!) that make the album so great for me.

cheers

colm