HW,,,Group X

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Apr 17 15:58:56 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Radioactive Dagger <deltawave at METRONET.COM>

>    Could some kind soul with good brain explain the UK band GROUP
X , that
> did put out a couple singles...(detail appreciated highly)....
>  The one I have that Nik reflected upon in my living room and
tried to take
> credit for possibly taking part in (do I hear laughter??  anybody
remember
> laughter?)....(It COULD be him on it MUSICALLY,,,, and it IS
PRETTY
> GOOD).....is ROTI-CALLIOPE...c/w CROSS-BEAT.....
>  says "originally released 1963" on Fontana label.......

I can't help with band details but Record Collector has both singles
listed.  The one you have is priced at 12 UK pounds (or whatever
more you can get for it).   However the other, also released in
1963, has to get my vote for one of the oddest titles ever  - "There
Are 8 Million Cossack Melodies - And This Is One Of Them"   The b
side is more mundanely titled "Teneriffe".     Thank you for
revealing the true nature of the name!      And just for the sake of
Kompleteness the Record Collector listed price for the Dharma Blues
Band album is 45 UK pounds.

jill
PS Mike C: your money order went out today.  Hope it arrives safely.