HW: Recent v Old (revisited) A Howl of Derision

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Apr 17 17:16:28 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:09:55 +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson
<scylding at CARLAZ.COM> wrote:
>At 21:47 +0100 17.04.2001, colm mcwilliams wrote:
>>why can't EMI (they own virgin now don't they?) get there finger out and
>>repress the charims cd's and while there at it repress "warrior" too?
>
>The answer is that the market is currently flooded with great masses
>of (let's face it) not terribly good recordings (or to put it more
>kindly, fan-pleasing releases ;)   There is no incentive for EMI to
>release Hawkwind back-catalogue into that kind of situation...

Point well taken.  So why don't they license them to BGO/Castle (or
whoever!) like they do all the other UA stuff they don't have the incentive
to do themselves (like Man or the Calvert solo albums)?

I don't care if these reissues aren't as deluxely-packaged as the EMI/UA
reissues ... they'd still be better than Virgin's budget job on them!

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com