OFF: HTML & unsubscribing

Tue Apr 17 17:24:48 EDT 2001

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Michael W Blackman wrote:

> What about freedom of speech?
> Freedom of expression
> Freedom to use your delete button
>
> > On 14 Apr 2001, at 10:46, Alissa wrote:
> > >
> > > Maybe this list need a moderator? Is somenone out there? Who could set
> > > option to convert all html e-mails in text mode or just ban them.
> >
> > I would vote for banning them.
> >
> > --BArt

        I have fewer problems with most on HTML e-mails since I use a
mail-reader that treats the text and the HTML as separate beasts. I also
have fewer problems with generally low-content e-mails than some, but I
can still very much see the force of an argument that says that you should
trim off as much of the original mail as you can since people who get the
digest will otherwise be getting mails many times over and not have that
delete-key option. Please consider poor Richard now he's gone that way
:-) Yours,
           Jon Jarrett

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk