OFF: Farvergflüngen und ISP

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Apr 17 22:54:54 EDT 2001

Hey...

Ummm...after the brief public (poobleeko) discussion (deskooseeon) about the
track indexing for Farflung "25K' s^-1" I took a listen last night to see
for myself - as I didn't remember any problems.

And I don't know what the hell you're all talking about....seems perfectly
indexed to me.  There's seven tracks, and Tracks 2, 4, and 6 are obviously
correct, since Track 2 (as has been pointed out) has the "Open Your Mouth"
lyric in it multiple times.  The title track is the same track as on the
SD'97 CD, and anyway it has that lyric in it as well.  And Track 6 (all 14 +
minutes of it) is exactly the same (except that it's 3 times as loud) as the
track on the Orange album (So Many Minds, So Little Time).  Uh...so doesn't
that automatically mean that *all* of the odd-numbered tracks surrounding
these three are also correct? I'd have thunk so.  I think there's some
physical continuity equations I could cite right now, but what's the point?  :)

Haven't checked out Raven yet.  Suppose the situation might well be
different.  All I know is...turn the bloody thing off before that 25 minutes
of rubbish at the end!  :)

One thing that came of this...man is "25K' s^-1" a brilliant farking album!
Holy crap!  I guess I already knew that, but...

Speaking of brilliant albums, I've quickly become addicted to this
criminally short self-titled "Igra Staklenih Perli" album (1978) from
Jugoslavia.  (I believe it's only 28 minutes because the half-assed
state-run recording studio people just plain lost two full tracks after the
session...Aggghh!!)  Thanks to Karen K. for coming up with the goods on this
front!  I'm going to pass on a CD-R copy or two to a few boc-l "luminaries"
and perhaps it will become more widely known eventually (I'm shocked that I
only got one response to my earlier query!).  I gather the CD reissue may
never see the light of day (or perhaps word of mouth will spread like this
and force it to appear), and the damn vinyl starts at $80-100, so forget
that!  So I think it's ok.  The album is really fricking great...like an
edgier, more krautrocky Eloy (if you know what I mean, given that Eloy are
German...duh) of the same period, like Inside/Floating/Ocean.  Now to find
some of the others, which I gather aren't quite so well regarded.  Still...

Grakkl (FAA)

ObCD:  Scorched Earth - Fed to your Hed (this *is* Bevis essentially, isn't it?)

P.S.  Who has the Acoustic Bevis tourdates?

P.P.S.  I like to see Tommy do up some "Farvergflüngen" t-shirts, though I
suppose that joke is like, what, 15 years old now?  :)

P.P.P.S.  What late-night American TV watcher gets the Spanish language joke?
"I'm so low, I can see into your toe."  Lo siento means...  (An older
classic...)

P.P.P.P.S.  Whoever has the worst success rate at answering these questions
will be immediately thrown off the list for good...'You *ARE* the weakest
link....goodbye.'  (Was anybody else reminded of K-9 after seeing those
stupid commercials for the last month?  Maahs-TER!)