HW/Igra Staklenih Perli

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Thu Apr 19 08:03:05 EDT 2001

Sara Zaza wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions on HW influenced bands that were their
> contemporaries in the early/mid 70s?  One that comes to mind for me is the
> band Lava, German band that released 1 lp for Brain in '73.  Schizophrenic
> lp, not all of it is HW sounding but a few tracks REALLY are close,
> especially the leadoff track which could've come straight off
> ISOS/DoReMi....TRC reissued the lp in '93 on CD.

Hmm, I think my copy of the Lava album is on Brain, but that's from memory and
the disc is at home.  The leadoff track is great, even if the lyrics don't make
any
sense.  ("Get me ready for the show"???)  Produced by Connie Planck who even
contributes lead guitar to one track.

Cosmic Overdose from Sweden is a very Hawkwind/Amon Duul II sounding
band.  I've got two albums on vinyl but have been unable to find any CDs.
Vocals are in Swedish so I have no idea what they are singing about, but the
music
has a high blanga score.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept