HW: Ridicule?

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Apr 19 14:31:46 EDT 2001

Rob asks...

>The above title, Ridicule, has popped up as an impending Hawkwind release
>on CDNow. Can anybody give me the scoop what it is?

Oh, Christ...will this never end?  This stupid goddamn thing is just half of
Space Ritual 2....originally released on vinyl in the early 80s with a
boring brown cover on some obscure Belgian label if my memory serves me
correctly.  It was one of the ones I ordered completely unaware that it was
worthlessly redundant.  Certainly I still have it, likely played only one
time to the realization that I already had all these recordings.

>Incidentally, what was the last new, original studio HAwkwind release?

Ummm...depends on your point of view.  "SpaceBrock" is mostly all new,
though is more accurately called a Brock solo effort.  "In Your Area" was
half new studio and half live tunes.  So I guess "Distant Horizons" fits the
bill.

Grakkl (FAA)