OFF: Farflung track indexing

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 19 23:15:57 EDT 2001

In a message dated 4/19/01 7:16:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

> OK...
>
>  I checked out the tracklengths on my copy of Farflung's "25K' s^-1" and
here
>  they are...
>
>  Solar Electric          4:08
>  Open Your Mouth         3:38
>  Don't Forget to Breathe 3:29
>  25K' s^-1               6:36
>  Greater Waters          6:53
>  Landing on Cydonia     14:31
>  Hot Fluffy Mind         4:00
>  TOTAL                  43:29 (with 14 seconds of black holes)

Track 1: S-electric/Open Mouth (7:47)
Track 2: Don't Forget to Breathe: (3:30)
Track 3: Feet (6:38)
Track 4: Waters 1 (my own title; 2:10, the rockin' part)
Track 5: Waters 2 (4:51, mandolin part)
Track 6: Cydonia (14:32)
Track 7: Mind (4:01)
Total: 43:30

>  Are you saying these don't match yours, Chuck?  Does the total at least
>  match?  (Is the music at least the same all the way through?  I'd certainly
>  hope so.)

Yes, and as you said, just so this post has some "content"--it's a farkin'
great album! Best space-rock rhythm-guit sound since Space Ritual.

Wonder how it coulda happened if they're indexed differently.  I
>  wouldn't have guessed there were even multiple pressings - otherwise the
>  damn thing wouldn't be so rare.  :)

No kidding. and do I have an even rarer one?? Weird...I recently sent an
extra copy to a friend and swear it had the same tracking. And the one that
used to be in the juke at club Spaceland (before someone stole it??)--i
thought had the same tracking as well. (thought I was getting such a great
deal w/the first two tracks all in one, and then Cydonia, of course--more
bang for yer buck and i didn't have to play "Suzie Q" this time... :)

>  Grakkl (FAA)

bewildered...
i'd try to get Tommy Gee on the case, but he hasn't even answered my e-mail
asking for track titles of the new A. Lights yet...

Chuck