OFF: Farflung track indexing

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Apr 20 10:20:59 EDT 2001

Chuck ups...

>Track 1: S-electric/Open Mouth (7:47)
>Track 2: Don't Forget to Breathe: (3:30)
>Track 3: Feet (6:38)
>Track 4: Waters 1 (my own title; 2:10, the rockin' part)
>Track 5: Waters 2 (4:51, mandolin part)
>Track 6: Cydonia (14:32)
>Track 7: Mind (4:01)
>Total: 43:30

Well, that's very interesting...wonder how it happened?

OK, now on to Raven.  I can't remember what you had all said about it, but I
took a listen last night and this is *my* guess...

1. The Raven that Ate the Moon         12:19
2. Sonic Evaporation I                  1:06
   Sonic Evaporation II                 1:26
   Helianthus                           9:23
3. Candied Electronic Atmospheres Intro 0:41
   Candied Electronic Atmospheres I     3:45
   Candied Electronic Atmospheres II    3:12
   Candied Electronic Atmospheres III   2:43
4. Alius Orbis Intro                    1:54
   Alius Orbis                         10:20
   The Way the Sky Is                   3:31
   (It's Not a Bad Dream)*            ~24:50
TOTAL                                  75:19 (with a few black holes)

Tracks #1 and #4 are absolutes (due to TRTATM, TWTSI, and Alius Orbis, aka
Mother Orbis, all appearing also on "SMM, SLT"), so it's really the question
of where the extra track break occurs within 2 and 3.  My guess is as above,
'cause it's the place where the splicing seems the most peculiar (rather
like the splicings in Track 4).  Also, the four parts to Track 3 seem like
they flow together reasonably well.

Is this what you all thought?  Or are yours tracked differently?!  :)

SMM, SLT is just fine, except that the tracknames for #2 and #4 are swapped
on the back insert card and the first page of the booklet.  Easy to figure
out though, because the lyrics are in the right order.  And also because The
Way the Sky Is appears on Raven as well, obviously.

I think The Belief Module and The Myth of Solid Ground (such as it is) are
ok, aren't they?

Grakkl (FAA)

* Yes, it is.