spacebrock comments

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Apr 25 10:34:18 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:24:32 -0400, ejobson <ejobson at THRUPOINT.NET> wrote:

>Good comments. I was undecided on whether to get this CD, I now don't think
>I'll bother.

Well, I have to put in a word in its favour. I quite liked it initially,
and it's grown on me ever since. Whilst I agree in principle with the
comments made- particularly as regards recycling old material- the fact is
whenever I play it I find new things to enjoy. There's a lot going on
amidst the electronic noodling. NOT a Hawkwind album though, definitely a
DB solo. Nevertheless I'd say it's the best studio album since Tepee,
though perhaps that isn't saying too much.. (Business Of The Future- some
great stuff, some crap... Alien 4- OK, not as good as I hoped after reading
all the positive reviews... Distant Horizons- some good tracks but the
whole thing sounds unfinished somehow). In Your Area I like, but mainly for
the live stuff (and 'Hippy' of course).

Still hoping for a new studio with Simon and Alan involved though.