BOC: New cover art

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Apr 26 08:20:48 EDT 2001

On 26 Apr 2001, at 7:25, Nick English wrote:

> I love the new cover art for Curse of the Hidden
> Mirror.  I have only one problem with it, though. . .
> It's making me expect much more, musically, from the
> album than I did with Heaven Forbid.  One can only
> hope. . .

I agree.  the cover is great, much better than HF, and reminiscent of
the old days.  Will the music do it justice?  Hard to say.  I did find it
interesting that EB contributed more songs than BD, which has got
to be a first.  I wonder who wrote the lyrics?  I presume Shirley had
a hand in it, esp. on the BD tunes.  Anyone know if anyone wrote
lyrics for EB?  I presume that BD produced, and I hope he's
polished the arrangements a bit.  I found some of the tunes on HF
to suffer from a formulaic production--too much repetition on some of
the choruses...

theo