OFF: Farflung gnus

Thu Apr 26 15:05:38 EDT 2001

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, K Henderson wrote:

> New Farflung album to appear on the Falcata-Galia label in two months.
> Title: When Science Fails (http://come.to/falcatagalia, see news section)

        Excellent!

> The Myth of Solid Ground - still looking for a label to release it.  They're
> looking for ideas...anyone?

        Pity... how about Man's Ruin, Meteorcity, Southern Lord (okay,
maybe not Southern Lord), Woronzow, Dead Earnest if they can get through
their backlog, Burnt Hippie... But maybe *not* Delerium, hey? I think
Man's Ruin would be the best bet here, failing that, what was Sleep's old
label? They might do it...

> New Anubian Lights album out in May, entitled Naz Bar, on the Crippled Dick
> Hotwax label in Germany, with distribution by Caroline.
> (http://www.crippled.com, news section says 4/27 release, and mentions
> something else about a remix 12" or something)
>
> Also in May, a Nik Turner 2CD set "America...The Tours, the Trials, the
> Basement" [with unreleased studio tracks, featuring ex-Hawks/ex-Deviants?]
> Live US 1995-2000, on Transparency.

        That sounds *very* interesting. Although the idea that _Prophets
of Time_ could have out-takes is somewhat worrying.

> Tommy also appears on on both the new Chrome and Helios Creed LPs.

        He and Steven Wilson are level-pegging for hardest-working
underground musicians as ever... Yours,
                                        Jon

       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk