New Live Hawkwind Recording (Ha Ha)

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Apr 26 16:49:39 EDT 2001

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 21:32:26 +0100, Colin Allen
<Colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK> wrote:
>I will probably buy it: I have a boot recording of the Welsh show ...

Good point, Colin.  IMO it would be hypocritical to possess a boot
recording of a show and then not purchase the recording if released
officially in a way that benefits the musicians involved (wasn't there just
a thread on this?).  Unless, of course, you've already sent a direct
payment to said musicians (censored personal anecdote regarding Weird CD's
goes here).  So I'll definitely be buying a copy eventually ...

> ... and it isn't too bad!

Overall, yes.  Parts of it are a *complete* mess (even more so than the
sloppier parts of the Hawkestra event).  But there are a few brilliant
moments, too.  I've always found the combination of Nik and Huw to be that
way (often a mess, but occasionally brilliant, that is) ...

Did it say anywhere (except the subject header, which was clearly not
serious, at least that's what "ha ha" usually implies to me) that this
would be called a Hawkwind album?  Just checking (is there a URL anywhere
with more info?  enquiring minds wanna know) ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com