hawks/fantasy

Mr. Dibs spacehead at SPACESTATION.CO.UK
Fri Apr 27 06:57:41 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:46:18 +0100, iain ferguson <iainferguson at AOL.COM>
wrote:

>OK, here goes my Fantasy line-up.
>
>Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Alan Davey, Tim Blake, Jerry Richards, Keith
>Kniveton, Ron Tree.
>( with Martin Griffin, Huw & harvey) coming on to do Living on A Knife
Edge,
>Rocky Paths & Angels of Death).
>With Lee Perry or the Mad Professor on the mixing desk. Plus the astralasia
>guys making an awesome dance remix album of the live gig.
>
>PS. anyone else noticed that hardly anyone has put Nik in their fantasy
line
>ups  <G>.
>
>Oh and I won't be buying the Nik wind album.. Can't stand his Sax....
>
>regards
>iain
>
>"Mr. Dibs" wrote:
>
>> /surely the present line-up fulfills all your fantasies, but just to
enter
>> the fray, how about:
>>
>> Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Alan Davey, Me, Martin Krel, Keith
Kniveton,
>> Jez Hugget, Jerry Richards, Ron Tree, Harvey Bainbridge, Lemmy, Crum,
Rizz,
>> Simon House and a partridge in a pear tree.
>>
>> Seriously, there's only one Hawkwind, and that is whichever line-up DB is
>> currently running.
>>
>> WELCOME TO THE FUTURE PEOPLE. ONWARDS AND EVER UPWARDS.
>>
>> MR. D.

one has to remember that nik was only in the hawks for a short time, thus
his contribution is not as great as some of the more recent members.
perhaps this is why hardly anyone includes him in their fantasy line-ups. I
reiterate that the only Hawkwind is the current one, and a bloody good job
it does too, in the face of continued press indifference. (A review of a
collection of old songs doesn't really count, where are the reviews of all
the recent shows?)
I for one am really looking forward to the next run of shows, c u there.

Mr. D.