hawks/fantasy

ejobson ejobson at THRUPOINT.NET
Fri Apr 27 13:17:47 EDT 2001

Now we've had best line up and top five albums, how about the reverse.
Here's my twopenneth.....

Albums (worst)
Bring me the Head
Zones
Sonic Attack
Electric Teppee
ASAM

Line up:
Nik Turner (although he does have some qualities or did early on)
Keith Hayles - Keyboard
Harvey Bainbridge - Bass/keyboard
Danny Thompson - Drums
Bridgett Whatever? - Screeching
Paul Rudolph - Bass

Well?

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Mr. Dibs
Sent: 27 April 2001 06:58
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: hawks/fantasy

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:46:18 +0100, iain ferguson <iainferguson at AOL.COM>
wrote:

>OK, here goes my Fantasy line-up.
>
>Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Alan Davey, Tim Blake, Jerry Richards, Keith
>Kniveton, Ron Tree.
>( with Martin Griffin, Huw & harvey) coming on to do Living on A Knife
Edge,
>Rocky Paths & Angels of Death).
>With Lee Perry or the Mad Professor on the mixing desk. Plus the astralasia
>guys making an awesome dance remix album of the live gig.
>
>PS. anyone else noticed that hardly anyone has put Nik in their fantasy
line
>ups  <G>.
>
>Oh and I won't be buying the Nik wind album.. Can't stand his Sax....
>
>regards
>iain
>
>"Mr. Dibs" wrote:
>
>> /surely the present line-up fulfills all your fantasies, but just to
enter
>> the fray, how about:
>>
>> Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick, Alan Davey, Me, Martin Krel, Keith
Kniveton,
>> Jez Hugget, Jerry Richards, Ron Tree, Harvey Bainbridge, Lemmy, Crum,
Rizz,
>> Simon House and a partridge in a pear tree.
>>
>> Seriously, there's only one Hawkwind, and that is whichever line-up DB is
>> currently running.
>>
>> WELCOME TO THE FUTURE PEOPLE. ONWARDS AND EVER UPWARDS.
>>
>> MR. D.

one has to remember that nik was only in the hawks for a short time, thus
his contribution is not as great as some of the more recent members.
perhaps this is why hardly anyone includes him in their fantasy line-ups. I
reiterate that the only Hawkwind is the current one, and a bloody good job
it does too, in the face of continued press indifference. (A review of a
collection of old songs doesn't really count, where are the reviews of all
the recent shows?)
I for one am really looking forward to the next run of shows, c u there.

Mr. D.