New Live Hawkwind Recording: Paging Doctor Brock!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Apr 27 13:43:19 EDT 2001

Stephen Lindas writes:

> One great moment at Birkenhead was when Nik started singing the wrong
> lines of Hurry on Sundown. Since he was out of place with Huw, Tom
> decided to sing out of place with both of them and turned it into one of
> those "Frere Jacques" things. The weird thing was it worked really well.
>
> There's a man who can think on his feet...

> I was wondering what was going on. It sounded like they were drunken
> sailors. HA!HA! STEPHE

Is it a "canon" they call that musically?

Anyway, it worked so well with the verses of Hurry On Sundown that I'd
now like to see Brock's crew do this deliberately.

Hey Dave, you there?

FoFP