Off Lieberman and Clinton start career as music censors

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Apr 30 16:40:38 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Dan Witt wrote:

=> Don't worry, Joe and Hilary know what's best for us.  It's too bad Algore
=> didn't win the big one, he'd be handy now to help this little project along.
=> He probably still has PMRC babble memorized.

It's not like this is surprising from Joe, now is it?  It's a pity the
pair of them can't sponsor a bill to prevent crappy music being marketed
to minors (and adults), but that would be denying the majority their
right to listen to dross, now wouldn't it.

As for Al, I remember when reading the transcript of Zappa's PMRC
hearings testimony that Al Gore was the only one who'd actually heard
any Zappa.  I guess this does mark him out as a dangerous man, in that
he'd be voting on something about which he had some direct clue.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa