HW: Father and son

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Apr 30 16:50:07 EDT 2001

In message <013701c0d1af$7f316740$e434883e at jds>, Jill Strobridge
<jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK> writes
>Danny Thompson of Pentangle was / is  Danny Thompson's dad.     Dad
>is reported to have been proud enough of his son's achievement to
>announce it on-stage once!

Indeed- I saw DT sr. at Cropredy in '87 and he talked about going to see
"the boy" playing with the Hawks- though he also said "and I thought he
was going to be a musician!" In general he seemed pretty pleased though.
He also commented that someone had asked him if  RICHARD Thompson
was his son- which would probably be a biological impossibility, there can't
be many years between them, so he wasn't too flattered! (although I don't
think any of us could dispute that Richard T is more of a musician than
Danny jr).
--
Nick Medford