HW: double bass

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Aug 2 14:59:18 EDT 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:16:41 EDT, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>i didnt realize simon king played double bass
>not like baker

Hmmm ... after checking out photos, it appears that Simon *did* play double-
bass during the Space Ritual era, but not always.  And after Al Powell
joined (and was subsequently sacked), he never did (Atomhenge, Quark, '79
tours are all definitely single-bass).  Take a look at the Simon King
website for pics of him with both single and double setups.

Knut Gerwers' Calvert site has some good photos of the Hawklords, where it
looks like Martin Griffin *might* be playing a double-bass setup (it's
tough to tell).  Although the Hawklords material strikes me as being
*wrong* for double bass drums, being more stripped-down and punk/new wave
(as opposed to the 'Levitation' material, which worked very well with such
a kit).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com