HW: OFF: In prep. for the 'SD2001' tour

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Aug 2 18:55:35 EDT 2001

Hey there...

In case you're unfamiliar with the works of the two intended headliners of
Jim's fall (Oct/Nov) 'Replacement for an outdoor Strange Daze' spacerock
tour (to include a more festival-like indoor show in Cleveland I believe,
probably somewhere like the Phantasy Nite Club I imagine), here's a chance
to hear both artists for free.

And there's another new show of bands that I'm totally unfamiliar with
(except one or two exceptions)!  Lots of people sending stuff to Jerry these
days I guess!

Grakkl (FAA)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://Aural-Innovations.com

Aural Innovations Radio has just uploaded two new shows in streaming
RealAudio. (You can also download them if you prefer.)

Aural Innovations is an online web-zine covering all forms of spacerock,
psychedelia, electronica, and more eclectic forms of jazz and progressive
rock. Our web site is LOADED with reviews, interviews, and articles.

Announcement (August 2, 2001): In addition to our theme of space rock,
psychedelic, and electronic music, Aural Innovations also writes about
improvisational, experimental, and avant-garde rock and jazz. In an effort
to provide an audio spotlight for this music we have created The
Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown (see below).

Aural Innovations Radio (Show #31): Mr Quimby's Beard / Harvey Bainbridge
Shrouded In Mystery USA Tour Special

Mr Quimby's Beard - "Mystery Part 2" (from The Definitive Unsolved Mysteries
Of...)
Harvey Bainbridge - "Free Fall" (from Harvey Bainbridge Live 2000)
Hawkwind - "T.V. Suicide" (from Space Bandits)
Mr Quimby's Beard - "Marijuana Nightmare" (from Mr Quimby's Beard)
The Alman Mulo Band - "Electronique" (from Orisha)
Mr Quimby's Beard - "Beyond The Light" (from The Definitive Unsolved
Mysteries Of...)
Mr Quimby's Beard - "Nebulae" (from The Definitive Unsolved Mysteries Of...)
Harvey Bainbridge - "The Changing" (from Hawkwind Friends and Relations: The
Rarities)
Harvey Bainbridge - "Mutation Zone" (from Harvey Bainbridge Live 2000)
Mr Quimby's Beard - "Snake Dance" (from Out There)
Mr Quimby's Beard - unreleased live set
Harvey Bainbridge - "Voyager 1 (The Voyage)" (from Interstellar Chaos)

The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown: Show #1 Playlist

Joseph Benzola - "Ayler Weeps In Blackwell's Soul" (from The Sound Of One
Hand Clapping)
Detroit Improv Duo - "Skippies" (from Intuitive Tesseract)
Bret Hart - "How Dare Ye!?" (from Rice)
Mark Kissinger/Bret Hart - "Glissando de 8-Ficelles" (from Duets - Vol 1)
Derek Bailey - "M6" (from Improvisation)
Camera Obtusa - "Put Your Beat Feet Forward" (from Whistling Rufus)
Sun Ra - "Exotic Forest" (from Nothing Is...)
Jim Konen/Rotcod Zzaj - "Under The Lodi" (from Sonic Nuggets)
Trummerflora - "Nonet 3" (from No Stars Please)
Jugalbandi - "Reciprocal Demonology" (from The View Is Better From The Top
Of The Food Chain)
Micheal Bisio/Eyvind Kang - "Zebulon #3" (from MBEK)
Ernesto Diaz-Infante/Chris Forsyth - "Straight To It" (from Wires And Wooden
Boxes)
W.O.O. Revelator - "Global Communicator" (from The Theory Of Reversed Effort)

So head on over to http://Aural-Innovations.com and click on the Radio link
to listen.