HW: OFF: Strange Daze 2001 (indoor)

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Aug 2 23:53:24 EDT 2001

Hey Folks...

Hardy (of MQB) just sent me some more details about this year's event(s).

The indoor Strange Daze event will be at the Beachland Ballroom in east
suburban Cleveland (never been there myself) www.beachlandballroom.com for more.

It's going to be a bigger and better event than I had thought!  2 days
instead of just 1.  Here is the tentative lineup of bands... (* Strange Daze
veterans)

Red Giant*
Rick Ray Band
Drumplay*
World of Tomorrow*
Alien Planetscapes*
Heavy Liquid
Einstein's Secret Orchestra*
Speaker\Cranker*(virtually...similar band to Trans-Lunar Express)
Nucleon*
Quarkspace*
and headlining...
Harvey Bainbridge*
Mr. Quimby's Beard

plus the ever-splendiferous Solar Fire Lightshow...

The MQB/Harvey tour (which I imagine will also feature one or two of these
bands, plus some others as yet unkown, in different cities) will be called
the 'Shrouded in Mystery' tour, and the early schedule looks thusly...

10/18 Grand Rapids, MI
10/19 Milwaukee, WI
10/20 Lansing, IL
10/21 Columbus, OH
10/23 New York, NY
10/23 Washington, DC
10/26-27 Cleveland, OH (Strange Daze)
10/29 Cullman, AL (1/2 way between Huntsville and Birmingham) spacerock
hotbed, no doubt!  :)
11/3  St. Petersburg, FL
11/6  Atlanta, GA

Make early plans to see these excellent shows before flying off to the UK
for the Hawkwind gigs!!  :)

Grakkl (FAA)