HW: Best ever?

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Aug 5 12:38:51 EDT 2001

I like HW with Nik up until around the time the Calvert era drew to a close. When Nik came back with his punk look his style of approach was too different for me, and there was very little of his sax playing, & the flute was forgotten about.

By the way, that's Jon Pertwee.

William

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fraser Gray
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, August 05, 2001 10:51 PM
  Subject: Re: HW: Best ever?

  Yeah, Huw re-joining is great. But i must disagree about the Nik comment, In my opinion if Nik came back as well, it would be the icing on the cake, and for the cherry on top, add Harvey to the line up too.

  I think the lineup you first saw and the 1st album you bought has a lot to do with who your ideal line up would be, ( thats "earth ritual" and Zones, in my case) (sort of like the Doctor Who you grew up watching being the best in your opinion, John Pertwee 4 me)