HW: Huw Rejoins

Tom Clark tclark at PETRONET.NET
Sun Aug 5 23:46:04 EDT 2001

Hmmmm...yup, I always thought that during the Hawkwind incarnation that
included Huw's contributions on especially the Levitation album and even

Choose your Masks , both guitarists pretty well complemented one
other,   Though Huw's lead was in the forefront, I thought in was pretty

honorable that Dave stepped back, and let him Huw go with it. Huw's lead

was pretty fluid, and I can't happen to appreciate the way it all fit
together as a whole.  Great chemistry!    Dave's lead playing is all
right, and it has always fit the song (Damnation Alley, and any other he

has played lead on), as has Huw's (Motorway City!) though I agree
thatHuw is definitely more of a lead player that Dave, and it that it
all still makes it Hawkwind.   I don't think that it is a matter of who
is in the forefront, but who can contribute to what puts the tune
together, whatever instrument or what role the musician has, and what
sounds can be put together that makes the experience.   That is the
spirit of Hawkwind, IMO, and what  makes them a great band.