HW: Huw Rejoins

Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] DDUCTOR at NEUUS.JNJ.COM
Mon Aug 6 12:41:41 EDT 2001

Ditto!  I couldn't agree more.

Of course, it was Mr. Tom who really turned me onto HW; and it was
specifically
Levitation that put me over the edge. Thanks Tom!!!

Dr. Dan

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Tom Clark [SMTP:tclark at PETRONET.NET]
        Sent:   Sunday, August 05, 2001 8:46 PM
        To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
        Subject:        Re: HW: Huw Rejoins

        Hmmmm...yup, I always thought that during the Hawkwind incarnation
that
        included Huw's contributions on especially the Levitation album and
even

        Choose your Masks , both guitarists pretty well complemented one
        other,   Though Huw's lead was in the forefront, I thought in was
pretty

        honorable that Dave stepped back, and let him Huw go with it. Huw's
lead

        was pretty fluid, and I can't happen to appreciate the way it all
fit
        together as a whole.  Great chemistry!    Dave's lead playing is all
        right, and it has always fit the song (Damnation Alley, and any
other he

        has played lead on), as has Huw's (Motorway City!) though I agree
        thatHuw is definitely more of a lead player that Dave, and it that
it
        all still makes it Hawkwind.   I don't think that it is a matter of
who
        is in the forefront, but who can contribute to what puts the tune
        together, whatever instrument or what role the musician has, and
what
        sounds can be put together that makes the experience.   That is the
        spirit of Hawkwind, IMO, and what  makes them a great band.