BOC: Re: BOC: Al on double bass

Brad Dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Tue Aug 7 01:34:37 EDT 2001

This has probably already been answered, but what the hey!

>>>I'm not too up on the tech side of drumming, but I could swear the
last time I saw tBS, Al was using a double pedal on one bass drum.
Is this possible?

Yes it is possible, and many drummers use the double pedal.  It save a lot
of hassel not having to haul around 2 bass drums.

>>>Also, when
drummers use 2 bass drums, are they tuned differently?  I think I've
seen drummers with a double bass setup use 2 different drums.
Possible?

I've played with guys who go to great extremes to get both drums tuned the
same (in which case it would make more sense to use a double pedal, but not
as cool looking as 2 bass drums).  I've also played with guys who like to
have 2 different tones and even some that use 2 different sizes of bass
drums.

Brad