OFF: Skynyrd/Ed King

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Tue Aug 7 09:40:54 EDT 2001

Just to put a possible post-script to this whole Skynyrd discussion. . .

Now that Leon is dead, there\'s a chance there won\'t be a Lynyrd Skynyrd
anymore.  In order to get back together, the band needed the okay of Ronnie\'s
widow.  She drew up a contract stipulating that the Skynyrd name could only be
used if THREE original members were in the band.  Now, I think, the only ones
left are Gary Rossington and Billy POwell. . . Unless Rick Medlocke or Hughie
Thomasson were long-ago members themselves or something.

Of course, there are still a couple original members kicking around, like
Artemis Pyle. . . who DID participate in the reunion early on, but left
acrimoniously and now claims it\'s cheesy.

I guess poor Dale Krantz Rossington doesn\'t count.

--Nick