OFF: Skynyrd/Ed King

Billy The Monster deltawave at METRONET.COM
Tue Aug 7 13:49:34 EDT 2001

 Hey guys.

 I just wanted to say thanks very much for that, I enjoyed it immensly...
While I never personally dug into them originally, mainly as I was only
like 12 when the plane crashed, in retrospect they were a bunch of
characters for sure who made REAL music, and didn't hate the Neil Young God
after all.....

 I personally can't adjust to the little brother singing, at least from
what I have seen on TV, doing Ronnie's stuff, although their own material
may be fantastic,,,,  I also miss seeing Allen Collins who seemed like
somebody I'd like to know....

 Admirable about Artimus, and his stance of allegiance,,,,,,

 They have a guy from Blackfoot huh?, that was another fairly good band
wasn't it??? even though I don't know them either, but remember an older
brother of a friend having some of their records, and digging it.....didn't
they do that "Train Train" song??....super fantastic whoever did (imho).....

 and last night, the resident man himself, Doug P, I think, was curious who
the Strawberry Alarm C singer was on "Incense", and bumped into Ed's
webpage(s), and was kind to forward it....

When I saw Ed on the first album cover that I have as a result of an old
friend leaving me his vinyl collection, recently, and saw what he was
credited with, a bell went off of- "this man has major significance"

  Thanks VERY much again, I enjoyed it....and it IS a terrible shame about
Leon as well, he also seemed very cool, person wise.....

  http://www.soft.net.uk/stevehoare/edking1.htm

m c