OFF: Skynyrd/Ed King

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 7 13:07:44 EDT 2001

On 7 Aug 2001, at 11:49, Billy The Monster wrote:

>  Hey guys.
>
>  I just wanted to say thanks very much for that, I enjoyed it
>  immensly...
> While I never personally dug into them originally, mainly as I was
> only like 12 when the plane crashed,

I saw them just a couple weeks before the crash--at a show
headlined by....BÖC!  Maybe the best overall concert I ever saw,
with BÖC's laser show still in place...

in retrospect they were a bunch
> of characters for sure who made REAL music, and didn't hate the Neil
> Young God after all.....

Skynyrd and RVZ in particular, were all big Neil Young fans, in fact
LS even toured with NY a few times...

>  They have a guy from Blackfoot huh?, that was another fairly good
>  band
> wasn't it???

For sure.  Rickie Medlocke was Blackfoot's gtrst.  I saw them way
back when...

even though I don't know them either, but remember an
> older brother of a friend having some of their records, and digging
> it.....didn't they do that "Train Train" song??....super fantastic
> whoever did (imho).....

That was Blackfoot all right.  In fact, I believe the harp intro to Train
Train was played by RM's grandpa...

theo