Huw Rejoins

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Aug 7 14:56:59 EDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:50:09 -0500, Stephen Lindas <Lindas at MARKETDAY.COM>
wrote:
>There have been alot of folks in and out of HAWKWIND. I think HUW added a
>very nice touch to their music. I don't see why alot of people on here keep
>bashing HUW or NIK.

I don't really see much "bashing", per se, going on (well, except when the
subject of Ginger Baker's drum solo or Dave Anderson's latest "reissue"
comes up <g>).  I'd much rather see people stating controversial opinions,
as long as A) they can convincingly support the opinion in one way or
another, and B) they're not offended that other people may not hold that
opinion, and are willing to hear those alternate opinions.  "Huw sucks"
or "Nik should stay offstage" doesn't say anything, but "these are the
reasons that I find Nik annoying..." or "I don't like these things about
Huw's guitar playing..." does.  I'm all for "agreeing to disagree".

Hawkwind have been a lot of different things over their 30-year career, and
that IMO is one of their greatest strengths.  But it also means that just
about everyone who likes Hawkwind is going to like some of those things
more than others.  *I* certainly have my favorite things about them ...

>If you want to bash people why not MARILYN
>MANSON or someone that deserves it.

... but that's just TOO easy! :^)

    -Doug (who loves Hawkwind partially because they ARE so bash-able!)
     jasret at mindspring.com