OFF: Mail sorting with Outlook

Guido N. Vacano nycademon at HOME.COM
Wed Aug 8 10:21:20 EDT 2001

Two comments there:

        I'm VERY glad I used Apache as my webserver at work, running on Solaris,
rather than a Micro$oft setup. I'm getting a lot of hits from Code Red, and
who knows what'll be next.

        Steve Gibson has some interesting things to say about Microsoft security
(or lack thereof) and their newer operating systems.

http://grc.com/default.htm

Guido (who could go back to reading his mail with Pine . . . :-) )

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Paul Mather
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 6:07 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: Mail sorting with Outlook

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Guido N. Vacano wrote:

=>         Can anyone tell me how the heck I can get Outlook 2000 to move
boc-l email
=> to a boc-l folder? I just got hit with 70 emails! :-)

No, but I can tell you how to do it in Eudora. :-)  But, for Outlook, I
suspect it would involve activating a filter rule that said if the "To:"
field was BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU then move the message to folder BOC-L.
(For Windows, I only know the specifics of how you activate filter rules
in Eudora; I never use Outlook [I don't feel up to the constant
patching it seems to require to fix security flaws].)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa