OFF!! NOT music! and NOT 'entertainment'! NO FUN AT ALL! Warn ing!!

Stephen Lindas Lindas at MARKETDAY.COM
Thu Aug 9 06:22:40 EDT 2001

When I was 7 years old I had a tv antenae shoved into my eyesocket. We had
just had a tornado and our tv antenae was blown down. My father built a new
one in the dining room. I came running through the house and BAM, right into
my eye. I didn't lose my eye but it went right through my eyelid and into my
eyesocket. Sometimes I have trouble seeing things. Yugoslavia is a really
bad thing. I lived in Northern Ireland for 6 years. I saw people blown apart
and shot dead. My mother was hurt really bad when the IRA blew up a pub she
was in with no warning. I was a little boy and I thought I had lost my mom.
The sad thing was is she had friends in the IRA. I've had knives stuck to my
throat by boot boys. I still remember them asking me if I was catholic or
protestant. Being a child I had no idea. Also being an american, they let me
go. I think if I had answered wrong they would have stabbed me. We got
jumped quite a bit. I could go on and on. CHEERS STEPHE

-----Original Message-----
From: DASLUD at AOL.COM [mailto:DASLUD at AOL.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 12:47 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: OFF!! NOT music! and NOT 'entertainment'! NO FUN AT ALL!
Warning!!

In a message dated 8/8/01 12:45:55 PM, moonglum at DREAMWORKER.CO.UK writes:

<< These pictures are pretty foul. >>
=======

i had a [serbian] lady friend, currently in Barcelona [last i knew], with
very passionate feelings about NATO's destruction of Yugoslavia.

she sent me the address [among others] of a place which revealed the
after-effects of one particular bombing raid.....

pictures of dead little children.
their bodies split open.

and i cried.

for all the good it did them
or Yugoslavia

or me.
=====
i dont know what mike coleman got himself in trouble with yesterday.
i doubt he anticipated the backlash. a mistake on his part, whatever his
intentions were.
and i speak as no stranger to mistakes and backlashes at BOC-L.

wanna take it a little further?
no stranger to real life gore, either.

... 7/7/75: so there i was, in shock and rapidly bleeding to death in my
front yard with a ruined left arm,
having made the unfortunate 'mistake' of punching out the glass storm
door...
the hospital in town was 9 or 10  miles away, and the hospital on the
miltary
base, 17 miles away.
as i got into the ambulance, my military officer father said 'take him to
the
hospital at [the military base]'
and the guy driving the ambulance told him
"he'll be dead before we get there."
we went to the hospital in town.
being in shock and apparently dying doesnt mean i was deaf....
====
i tell you, BOC-L is [expletive] tinkertoys compared to what transpires in
the real world.
as well it should be.
that's why we're all here, aint it?
====
i dont need to see those pictures.  i've seen enough.
====
t-minus less than 2 days
and i'll be gone.

pray for a good harvest