[BOC] COTHM: re-WOW

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Aug 9 07:47:30 EDT 2001

On 8 Aug 2001, at 23:38, jean-charles moriaud wrote:

> I went back to HF, that I had not listened to for more that a year
> now: the difference is incredible and crual. I will probably leave HF
> back into my rack, next to Imaginos and RBN, and never listen to it
> anymore!

2 that I don't listen to much either.  HF is just plain weak, albeit
three are 2 great songs on it: SYiB and HM.  Imaginos is a great
album, but it isn't a BÖC album.  In fact, apart from Al, BÖC is
hardly on it at all.  So, illogically, in my anger with Columbia, I've
sort of shunned that one...

> COTHM is superb, with only two weak tunes imho: I just like to be bad
> and Here comes that feeling.

Gotta disagree about HCTF.  It is very much a pop song, but a truly
great one.  I can understand why a true BÖC fan would dismiss it.
Instead, I'd substitute OotD, which is tied with IJLtBB as worst song
on CotHM...

> And by the way, applause for the bass. Danny Miranda did a very nice
> job, where in HF you can hardly hear the bass.

Well, DM doesn't play on HF!  Hopefully, you'll get a chance to see
DM live, then you'll really be impressed.  Looking at the tour dates,
you may stand a better chance of seeing BÖC than I do in the near
future.  I see BÖC is mainly playing those horrible festival shows,
and hardly any bars these days.  Too bad for me, but at least the
band will be making some serious money at those shows--they
deserve it!

theo