[BOC] COTHM: re-WOW

Nick English nick at NETPHD.NET
Thu Aug 9 09:35:22 EDT 2001

Quoting jean-charles moriaud <jcmoriaud at YAHOO.FR>:

> After days of continuous listening of COTHM in my car, I cant say that
> the
> first impression was the right one: this is a great BOC album. This is
> the
> true BOC, with the BOC spirit.
> The rest has nearly all what make good BOC songs for me. They are
> complex,
> the bass line are original, different melodies for the guitar and the
> voice,
> rythm breaks...

I agree with a lot of what you\'re saying, although I\'m not sure this is a \"true
BOC\" album, in the classic sense.  What it is, however, is a damn fine
collection of rock and roll songs, which are indeed more complex than they\'re
getting credit for.  I\'m more than pleased and more than satisfied with what
BOC has given us this time around.

It\'s a lot like Lynyrd Skynyrd.  You can bitch all day and night about how the
Skynyrd of the past 12 years is not the \"real\" Skynyrd. . . and you\'re right.
But that  doesn\'t take away from the fact that they\'ve been able to come up
with a few really excellent tunes.  Especially \"The Last Rebel\", which I think
is one of the best songs to EVER come out under the Skynyrd name.

BOC is not the same animal it was when it hooked most of us.  But the spirit is
there and the quality of the work is high.  For me, they\'ve more than done
their jobs.

As somebody said a while back while responding to someone else\'s criticism of
the album. . . \"I\'m glad I like it.\"

> And by the way, applause for the bass. Danny Miranda did a very nice
> job,
> where in HF you can hardly hear the bass.

I agree.  If there are anymore BOC studio albums in the future, I\'m hoping
Danny AND Bobby will be on them.  (--Unless of course, there\'s a reconciliation
with the Brothers Bouchard.  One can dream. . .)

--Nick