OFF: What's happening??

Stephen Lindas Lindas at MARKETDAY.COM
Sat Aug 11 11:16:14 EDT 2001

HI JON, I saw a special on telly, where they were discussing the origin of
the word. They claimed it was a latin word for animals fornicating. The pope
thing was a smart ass remark. You don't really know me, but I am very much
against organized religion. I think it keeps people from the experience of
god. I'm not a plilologist, although I do like to read alot. Somethings I
say may be wrong. My truth may be completely opposite to yours. Thank you
for the information, though. Good luck with your ph.d. CHEERS STEPHE

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Jarrett [mailto:jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK]
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 9:42 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: What's happening??

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Stephen Lindas wrote:

> That is a latin word. Doesn't the pope speak latin!!!!!STEPHE

        You ain't no philologist, Stephe, it's Anglo-Saxon and there's
only ever been one English Pope. Who did, I suspect, nonetheless speak
Latin.

        This is another way of saying hullo, I'm still signed up but
having a lot of trouble finding time for e-mail just at the moment, but
expect me to recover this situation fairly sharply in October if not
before as the British Academy have finally seen the path of light and
truith and given me fudning for my Ph.D. so I shall be able to get back to
the Vale of Academe full-time at which point I may even get up-to-date
with BOC-L mail. You have been warned :-) Yours,
                                                 Jon

ObCD: BOC - _Secret Treaties_ (`Mes Belles Dames Sarat' - *how* good is
        this CD?
       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk