OFF: More bad news in the music scene

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sat Aug 11 11:59:52 EDT 2001

Hi Folks...

Can't any decent labels on this continent survive for any reasonable length
of time?  Of course, Cleo stills survives, don't they?  Madonna tributes and
all.

Grakkl (FAA)

Forwarded from stonerrock.com...

Man's Ruin Records is apparently closing shop for good. This saddens us
deeply. Man's Ruin Records put out some of the best music this planet has
ever seen and it's a serious shame to see them departing our beloved scene
so abruptly after contributing so much to it over the years.

The first and only "official" word that we've received about this so far was
in an email from Mordam Records (the official and exclusive Man's Ruin
distributer) telling us (very suddenly) that they are deleting all Man's
Ruin titles from their catalogue - effective immediately - due to Man's Ruin
bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that means that we CANNOT order any more Man's
Ruin titles for All That's Heavy from Mordam. Until further notice, we're
not sure which Man's Ruin titles we'll even be able to order again. The
worst thing about this is that we were just about to place a huge Man's Ruin
order when we got this news. Fortunately, we still have *some* Man's Ruin
titles left - but once they're gone, they may be gone for good - we don't
know! At the bottom of this email you'll find a short list of the Man's Ruin
titles that we still have available - if there is something that you want to
get your hands on before it's too late then you should snap it up asap.
Consider yourself fo!
rewarned!