Pretty Colors On Calvert Freq CD label

mike c deltawave at METRONET.COM
Sat Aug 11 15:58:48 EDT 2001

 The elderly mom unit just handed me a package from Ande G, that arrived in
the post,  and in it contained  the Robert Calvert reissue of "Freq", which
I have been trying to order locally and not been able to obtain, as I
believe someone on this very list bought the copy(s) that were available
(here), and then it went away (and he couldn't get another)

 No one seems to know if it's (having) shown up again (on catalog listings)
as a new item meant that it was really new or not-

WELL

at first I was a little disappointed for taking the risk, but then started
to realize that all I have to do is hold a CD in my hand, "will" it to
become strange, and it does-

I told Ande not to worry if I got a repeat- so here you go Ande!!! (you
know, he's a businessman, wants to provide good service to everyone, even
the mutants if they have cash),,,,

What I got I am not sure about in comparison to the original 92 release,
but I am perfectly pleased nonetheless...

other than the printing color of the booklet being just ever so slightly
darker, the actual label on the new CD is painted red, and the paint goes
all the way out to the edge of the CD (almost) AND  the letters on the CD
are painted yellow-(if I call it paint, and you call it ink, sorry-)(Tomato
Tormato)

on the original CD that I bought when it came out, the disc is painted in
more of a pink color, and the letters on the CD itself are not yellow, but
rather a reflective gold...(also, there is a shaded darker inner ring
around the hole, which is not present on the newest copy)

what this means, I don't know. Do I care?   not particularily as it IS
different
and has fulfilled it's purpose in my arsenal of "too many is not enough"....

BUT!!!!!!

If this is still not the actual NEWEST VERSION, someone speak up please-
m c