Hawkwind and Simple Minds connections etc

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Aug 12 08:41:33 EDT 2001

1. Steve Hillage #1 - Steve produced early Simple Minds stuff - Andy Anderson drummed for Steve, Sphynx, ICU, and later Hawkwind
2. Steve Hillage #2 - Steve introduce SM's guitarist to the joys of the gliss guitar - I remember seeing Charlie giving it "gliss" at the SECC and Ibrox years ago. No standing on one leg mind. Dave Brock has been using the gliss guitar too - I think he picked this up from Daevid Allen.
3. Me - I played in band with Ralph Forbes, whos has drummed in the past for Simple Minds - his cousin played bass

Dave