OFF: Ballroom Blitz

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Aug 13 16:55:14 EDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:32:36 +0100, Richard Lockwood
<rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK> wrote:
>I saw this on Gnutella and downloaded it out of curiosity. - it's a
>mistitled MP£.  It's the Sweet.  As usual.
>
>> In order to close that thread definitively, do you or anybody in this
>> list know if BOC ever played a song called "Ballroom Blitz"? I saw it
>> mentionned in a mp3 forum somewhere.
>>
>> Cheers, Jean-Charles Moriaud

It's probably a good time, then, to mention that if you find a song
called "Stairway to the Stars", it might also be by the Sweet (no relation
to the BOC song, just as their "Dream On" bears no relation to the
Aerosmith song).  While I love the "Ballroom Blitz" era, their "Stairway to
the Stars" thoroughly sucks (bad MOR discofunk) IMO.  And (to tie in with
that other thread again) don't forget that their Chinn/Chapman-penned
hit "Blockbuster" WAS lifted directly from one of the other big glam hits
of the day (by a guy who lifted every stage of HIS career from other
artists, so plagarism isn't a fair accusation here).

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com