OFF: Ballroom Blitz

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Aug 13 18:20:46 EDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:55:14PM -0400, Doug Pearson wrote:
> It's probably a good time, then, to mention that if you find a song
> called "Stairway to the Stars", it might also be by the Sweet (no relation
> to the BOC song

It should be noted that Chet Baker recorded a jazz album called
"Stairway to the Stars" in 1965 -- predating both BOC and Sweet :-/
(Damn, I love Google -- you never know what you'll turn up...)

> And (to tie in with
> that other thread again) don't forget that their Chinn/Chapman-penned
> hit "Blockbuster" WAS lifted directly from one of the other big glam hits
> of the day (by a guy who lifted every stage of HIS career from other
> artists, so plagarism isn't a fair accusation here).

Do tell!  I love that song -- and the rest of the Ch**2 stuff, up
until that Aguetha Faltskog (sp?) album kind of blew it for me.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
necessarily a good idea.
        - RFC 1925 (quoting an unnamed source)