OFF: Dublin pubs

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Wed Aug 15 10:42:12 EDT 2001

Hello fellow dilettantes of drink,

Any thoughts on a pub I should definitely check out when in Dublin next
week? I've been gathering info from various sources and figured BOC-L would
be a good group to poll.

I'm looking for places where the drink and conversation are more important
than fashion or trendiness.

My list so far:
Kehoe's
The Long Haul
O'Donoghue's
International Bar
Doheny-Nesbit's
Pravda
Zanzibar
Brazen Head

Some of these I realize are more "traditional" than others.

To bring this post somewhat into the realm of on-topic discussion--Mary Lou
Lord has signed a 2 album deal with Rubric Records. The interesting part is
that she's going to write with Nick Saloman again on her new album next
year. Which reminds me, it's been a few months since the last Frond album
came out...the next one should be coming up shortly. ;-)

Brian
obCD> The Bevis Frond "North Circular"

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower