Huw Rejoins

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Wed Aug 15 13:56:23 EDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 09:56:58AM +0100, Stuckey, Robert wrote:
>        Actually I was listening to Levitation (the album) on the way to work
> this
>      morning and thought that rather than metal, Huw made them sound a bit
>      Pink Floyd-ey. Now, that drummer Ginger-someone, he was class I'd love
>      to see him back in Hawkwind!!!  lol

I've never been able to figure out the anti-Baker sentiment
on this list (and many others!), but maybe that's because I
don't know much about him at a personal level, or his
interactions with the bands that he's been in.  With a lot
of drummers, the best thing that you can say about them that
they keep good time, or don't detract from the sound of the
band.  Ginger's drumming actually enhances the music, IMO.
Too bad he doesn't seem able to get along better with
people.

Steve