Hawknews / PS Andy G

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Fri Aug 17 05:11:42 EDT 2001

"Also returned to the band is bass player, Ali Davey (formerly Alan
Davey).Ali, like Huw Lloyd Langton is a long standing member, serving over
14 years in the band.

 Their next epic project will be,‘ Destruction of The Death Generator’
written in conjunction with Michael Moorcock. They will be writing all the
material over the Christmas and New Year period, to be recorded next
spring. Following rehearsals of the stage show the band will tour late
summer. Line up will be the current nucleus with past members who have
featured in the band during the past 30 years. Similar to last year’s
highly successful ‘Hawkestra’ event at the Brixton Academy, which brought
together at least 20 former members of the band including ‘Lemmy’.

What Hawkwind are and have always been is an underground rock show-band,
merging electronic sounds with amazing light shows, dancers, fire-eaters,
theatrics and brilliant musicianship. Their history speaks for itself. They
have been on the road since 1969.

The current nucleus is Dave Brock (vocals,guitar,keyboards,sequencers), Ali
Davey (bass), Hugh Lloyd-Langton (vocals, lead guitar), Richard Chadwick
(drums), and Gerry Richards (lead guitar) with guests, Simon House
(electric violin)Keith Kniverton (keyboards, synth & sequencers) and Tim
Blake  (keyboards, synth & sequencers) and Ron Tree (lead vocals)."

Stuart
http://www.the-rocker.co.uk

PS Andy - MQB - the *grin* merely denoted my satisfaction at getting to
distribute MQB stuff as well.  As always I defer to CD Services, and in
fact the cheque went in the post on Monday, and I'll be plugging you when
my Tidal Flood review goes up this weekend.  Buy now, folks!