Turner - good and bad/ EMI sampler delicious??

mike c deltawave at METRONET.COM
Sat Aug 18 15:55:46 EDT 2001

 My copy just arrived-  so I think I will just carry on with the sealedness
of it's newness in the shrink- nice pic of "carrot top".......good way to
close out that costume???

 anyway- not to get too upset, as my EMI sampler is in hand as well- it's a
legit item made by EMI as a CDR with a beautiful shiny label- and while it
comes in a plastic wallet like the second run of Dave Brock "Space Brock",
this one fits into a jewel case.....

 also into my sack of treats fell Langtons new(ly) reissued "On The Move",
and it only has one negative, this little EX Hawkwind sticker has got to
go, since I'll leave it on my sealed other copy-  The wonderful snapshot on
the rear cover just screams "Hawkwind" IMPO.....the bonus tracks are "Big
Boss Man", "Shame, Shame, Shame", and "Rollin and Tumble" in case this
wasn't reported.....

 This must be Saturday night afterall......

 and fellow listers- sorry for the goop of the past weeks, but I beg you to
let me call people a "Mangy Kur" if I so desire-  I know what I'm doing-

mc

 <<"yes, but I still feel a tad guilty that I couldn't get a pre-release promo
off the company in order to be able to warn you all - both Dave who owns CDS
and myself agree that this is a case where it would have actually done us
more good than harm to avoid you having bought it, and for that we
apologise, but, unless Ozit agreed to take the CD's back of us (highly
unlikely as they lost money heavily on the Blackpool gig) then there is, I'm
afraid, nothing we can do, except be a lot more vigilant next time (because
there will be a next time if the recent Blackpool thing comes along, but
they said that had been recorded off the soundboard)
Andy Garibaldi">>