OFF: Bevis Frond help!

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Aug 20 18:23:29 EDT 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 01:55:23 +0400, Alice <coral at APORT.RU> wrote:
>Please tell me what is the best Bevis Frond album to start to know his
>music?

Funny, a friend & I were discussing "best Frond albums" yesterday on the
drive back to San Francisco.  My votes would be 'Inner Marshland' or 'New
River Head'.  Also, 'Live at the Great American Music Hall' is a good
overview (with it you'll recognize 90% of the songs in the standard live
set) and includes Ade Shaw's bass playing (he isn't on most of the studio
albums ... and 'Inner Marshland' was recorded before Nick decided he was
willing to play live again).

I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on this one ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com