Hawkwind all-nighter '91-ish, busker question.

Stuckey, Robert robert.stuckey at WCOM.CO.UK
Tue Aug 21 08:24:31 EDT 2001

   Here's a question I've meant to ask for ages. At the
  all-nighter in '91 (may have been '90) at Brixton Academy,
  there was busker playing guitar outside the gig using an
  amp on a shopping trolley powered by a car battery.

   Anyway, at the end of Hawkwind's set (may have been a 2nd
  set that evening), Hawkwind finished with a lot of sounds
  and noise which evolved into the very same busker being
  left on stage still with the shopping trolley amp playing
  away on his own.

   Me and a friend (hi Jas!) were dancing like mad and
  didn't even notice the change from band to busker until we
  looked up. Does anyone know who that busker was? Was he a
  real busker? Or was he a former band member in disguise?

   We were new to the Hawk scene at the time so wouldn't
  have recognised a previous member.

     cheers - Rob