HW: Nik thoughts

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 24 14:31:24 EDT 2001

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 02:28:32 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Tue, 22 May 2001, Paul Mather wrote:
>> _Prophets of Time_ is for Nik
>> kompletists, at least as far as I'm concerned.
>
>        Yeah, it's not up to much. The P'Orridge poetry readings are
>worthwhile and the two or three electronic pieces which are basically
>Grenas, del Rio and Fox quite nice; of the actual Nikwerx however only
>`Stonehenge Decoded' lives up to its old glory and the two newish Nik
>pieces are very odd.

<nit-pick>
That would be "Stonehenge, Who Knows?"
</nit-pick>

(I'm sure I've said this many times, but I'll say it again ...)  That track
alone justifies the purchase of 'Prophets of Time' for me, and it should
for any Simon House fan.  His violin work is OUTSTANDING on that one (no
slight to Dead Fred Reeves, who did a fine job on the original), which is
the main reason why it betters the original Inner City Unit version (as
opposed to the rest of the album, on which all the other ICU covers don't
come close to the originals [I can see the Judge gloating over that
statement, I'm sure...]).

But if it's on the Dossier comp that Jon referred to, you may as well pick
that up over 'Prophets of Time' ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com