OFF: Amon Duul II report

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Aug 27 12:18:13 EDT 2001

Forwarding from deutsch-nepal list...FYI.

I coming back from Kloster Cornberg Open Air.
Amon Düül 2 played on Friday and did blow my mind.
Renate, Lothar, Chris, John, Peter and 2 other guys played 1 1/2 hours of
old songs.
I talked with them after and they told me, they will play more live in this
year and maybe make a new record.

Kraan was also fantastic. Epitaph was a surprise. Damo Suzuki played with an
absolutely stoned Michael Karoli (He didn't manage to plug in his guitar).
Man was quite good. Jane was ok, playing only old tunes as a rock trio, really
heavy and Embryo did there ethnic-jazz stuff.
A fantastic Festival.

Dirk

www.kraut-rock.de