Anyone in Sheffield this weekend?

Dave Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Tue Aug 28 10:59:36 EDT 2001

Hi Mike

>I'll be down Friday night through Sunday. If any listers are around, a
>Friday meet would be possible. Also, what are the best record shops?

Sadly, I'm not around this weekend, but I can recommend some shops for you.
First, there's the (almost) appropriately-named FOPP on Division St (just up
from the City Hall). Great place for bargains. As an e.g. they had 3 of the
HW EMI jewel-case reissues (1st, Doremi & Mountain Grill) in last week for a
fiver each. Very quick turnover of stock, so it's a bit of a hit & miss
affair, but on a good day can be well worth a visit. If you're happy to
venture out of the city centre, I'd try Record Collector at Broomhill
(approx. 1.5 miles from the centre on the A57, past the main Sheff Uni
building). They've been pretty good for HW & similar in the past, have a
good 2nd hand section & a vinyl shop next door.

Have fun!

Dave